Lead Supervisor / Machine Shop Manager
Main Purpose of the Job
To set and run CNC Machines.
- Set and run CNC Lathes as efficiently as possible.
- Work to Company instructions and drawings.
- Awareness of Health and Safety procedures.
Key Tasks Defined
- Set and run CNC Lathes following the company’s quality and work procedures.
- In cycle running of other machinery as and when required.
- Be able to inspect own work.
- Update tooling sheets and record cycle times.
- Assist other setter operators to become more efficient.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety.
This is not an exhaustive list, and you are required to be flexible in your approach to carrying out your duties, which may change from time to time to reflect changes in the Company’s approach to a culture of continuous improvement.
Skills and Attributes Required
- Knowledge of various machines and controls.
- Understand capabilities of tools and materials.
- Able to inspect own work.
- Team player.
Advantageous qualifications or knowledge required
- A suitable engineering apprenticeship would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in a similar role